Friday, November 23, 2012

~Giving Thanks~


I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! Unfortunately Gabe & I weren't able to spend it with out immediate friends & families back in Minnesota or Arizona :( (the most hardest thing about living in Utah) but fortunately with our many loved friends and families in Utah -very lucky! For thanksgiving Lindsay & I started our day like rockstars and hit the gym. We knew we were going to be stuffing our faces, so we decided it would be nice to get our fitness on for a while. Then us gals spent a little time throwing back a few mimosas on main street.



After, we went to the Aucunas's for a wonderful thanksgiving dinner. We spent the day prepping, chatting and playing games and eating delicious food. THANKSGIVING ROCKS!! My favorite foods were the stuffing and the mash potatoes. HOLLA. I want to specially thank Steph & Dan for being such wonderful people and inviting us into their home & spreading the thanksgiving love. Our Greek family away from Home. xoxox


Thanksgiving is a time to be thankful, and this year I am thankful for so many things. Last year, I made a list of things to be thankful of, so I figure I better make another LIST- my favorite thing to do.
Well first off I am thankful for my friends & family!!! I love them. OLD FRIENDS & NEW FRIENDS. They are the most wonderful things in the world. They are a wonderful support system and make me smile :) Since we have been out in Utah, I've made so many unbelievable friends that will always be a part of my life. Thank you thank you thank you!!



Its tough not having family out here, but with so many good friends, they pretty much are your family. When summer rolled around, I was so thankful that my mother got to come out and see where I have been the last year. I loved showing her around and bringing her on some little adventures. We spent some really nice quality time together that I will cherish for the rest of my life. She is very important to me, and sometimes I feel like the time we have together gets taken for granted. I love her to death. Thanks Mom!


I am also very Thankful for the wonderful traveling that I got to do this summer. I am very fortunate to have gotten to explore the places we did, Ireland & Spain. They were some of the most beautiful places I have seen and I will never forget the experiences, especially the place captured in the picture below, the Cliffs of Moher. Such pure beauty. I am also very thankful for the handsome man standing right next to me. Boy do I take his love for granted sometimes. He is the most awesome person in the World and I wouldn't change anything about him. I love my life with him. He's wonderful & I am so thankful!


I am also very appreciative of my health. I am one healthy girl. I live in one of the most beautiful places in the world and get to do fun, fit, amazing activities all the time, which keeps me in great health. I am happy and thankful to feel as good as I do every morning when I wake up. I would like to maintain my healthiness and even increase my fitness, its always an ongoing project for me, but over all, I am thankful for my health. I get to mountain bike, hike, snowboard & ski, climb, and swim all the beautiful land. I am thankful for the wonderful, first time, garden that we grew this summer and all the great sustainable, local farmers markets around Park City. I am thankful for Ester C vitamins for helping me when I need a boost ;) I am thankful for milk and cheese to keep my bones strong. heheh (I love cheese.)


Going back to Friends, Good Good Friends that will be in your life forever- I am thankful for. This summer was a very busy summer for me when it comes to wedding bells. Some of my bestest Friends in the whole WIDE wide BIG world married the loves of their life this summer, and I am so thankful that I got to be a part of everyones. Three wonderful weddings, Yup, but everyone was worth it. I am thankful that I was there to be apart of the special days for my friends, I am also thankful that I got the pleasure to go back to my home roots to spend time with my good friends and family. (mom and dad, The Andersons, The Harrisons, Jenny, my bestie westie, Kathie & Bill- my second family, Gavin & Jacs- best cousins ever, and so many old friends that made me so happy to see.) I am also thankful that after all the traveling was said and done, we made it back home to Utah safely (damn tornados, deer that run in the road, and cops that have too much time on their hands.) But we made it. Love each and every one of you :)




I am thankful for my dad! He's a vietnam vet and fought for this country. He's a wonderful man who tries very hard for his kids. He's got a great heart and I want to thank him for helping me get through school, always wanting whats best for me, and helping me out in some of the toughest times EVER. I am also thankful for both him and my mom being sober for the periods of times they have. They are awesome and I am so SO SO SO proud of them. It's been a hard journey, but they are strong individuals. Love you both.

Last but not least, would anyone like to guess the last thing I am going to say? He's furry, handsome, so squeezable, true, a best friend anyone could ever have? He's my little angel, my world, I am obsessed....
                                                             No, Not Gabe, I know I said he was furry,
But its my beautiful, 4 legged friend, Sancho Domingo Panzo. What a true lil companion I have, he is always by my side, and always appreciates the person I am, and for that I am thankful. And I don't care if you think I am crazy and sound like an idiot because I am talking about my dog, but that little bugger is my life. I love him!! On thanksgiving I spent the first 20 minutes after I woke up, telling him HOW THANKFUL I am for him. (I would of told Gabe, but he was in the bathroom, LOL, and we all know how long Gabe can be in the bathroom for. LOL)


Theres so many more wonderful people and aspects in my life that I am thankful for. And I Appreciate each and everyone of you, and all that this life has given me!
Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving! Now get ready for Christmas!! Here comes the Holiday Music! OH GREAT. Have a good rest of your weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment