Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Bali is beautiful

Where do I even start? Bali is spectacular, beautiful, full of culture, wonderful food, temples, and genuine Balinese people. And- What's better then being in a wonderful paradise with the love of your life, but- is sharing it with your good friends that you haven't seen in a good long year. We re all here together indulging in the bali culture together. Finally spotting lindsay and Matt, Creeping up on them in customs, in line waiting to enter the Indonesian country. Happiness already fluttered my whole insides.

We arrived in Denpasar Bali and had a driver already set up through an acquaintance I had at work. His name was Ketut, a genuinely, honest, happy Balinese man. He brought us straight to our place, flowerbudBungalos. The cutest bamboo bungalows I had ever seen with netted bedding, which makes me feel like a princess, but serves the purpose of keeping Mosquitos and bugs off your body while sleeping. After settling in, we headed to the beach where we caught up on the last year and remineced on memories. 

Bali has some of the bluest water I've laid my eyes on. We hung out first on the most southern tip of bali near uluwatu. We beach hopped, checking out all the different beaches. Each one owning their personal unique character. Cliffs and canyons at some, looking out into the sea, others burried in beautiful luscious vegitation with Palm trees hovering over you. 

One of my favorite things so far, is visiting the monkey Forrest. It's always been a dream of mine, ever since I was a little girl, and watching monkey trouble over and over again, to hold a real live monkey would make me one happy gal. I got to make this dream come true as soon as we went to the city of Ubud, the culture heart of bali. Bought some bananas and the monkeys came straight for Gabe and I. Those sly lil guys tried to steal our whole bushel of bananas from the beginning. And actually, we did see monkeys earlier on too at one of the temples we went to in Uluwatu, but one of the monkeys bit Gabe, not hard but it still sketched me out. So I passed on the first  sighting. Anyways, I love monkeys. They surround themselves by all the religious temples, they are a sacred animal here in Bali. 

Since we re on the topic of animals, I will inform you of all the geckos that are here. They inhabit all over our walls in the restaurants we eat in, the places we stay and are apart of bali. They sit and eat flies off the walls, helping to keep the bugs off you. Linney loves them. Personally, I am always thinking of then crawling on me in the middle of the night, laying babies in my mouth, but i try to keep those thoughts out of my head. 

Going for a bike ride now, we re at the gili islands, 3 small islands neighboring Bali. I will try to blog a little bit more and capture these fascinating memories for the sake of your reading, and for my own personal self, trying to take everything I possibly can IN and indulging it. 





3 comments:

  1. Sounds incredible! Careful of those monkeys, they're little thieves!!! But they are cute :) Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yeah monkeys are thieves, we knew that even before Bali baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ash, did you have something stolen in Thailand? Because you should have sunglasses and cameras all put away. I think in Thailand they roam more free then they do here. In bali, they just stick around the temples.

    ReplyDelete